- March 12, 2016
Your teeth are one of the first things people notice about you, and they have a lot to say! A great smile can be a ticket to all sorts of things: happiness, a better job, a more exciting dating life, and who knows what else.
At Shorewood Family Dental Care we’re big believers in the power of a great smile. You deserve all the great things that come with a nice smile, don’t you?
Great Teeth: More Than Just A Look
There have been a lot of studies done on the science of smiles, and study after study confirms the important role they play in our daily lives. They have an effect on all areas of life and do so from the moment we’re born.
- Over 80 percent of people surveyed say that a smile can open the door to a conversation – even from across the room. All of those people would be willing to strike up a conversation with a stranger based on a open, natural grin.
- A smile might just be the thing that gets you a second date, too: more than half of people rate a great smile as the most important physical characteristic in a potential partner, second only to a good personality!
- 69 percent of men say that a woman who’s smiling without makeup is more attractive. Maybe that time spent in the mirror could just be spent showing off those teeth instead!
- The work world is affected by smiles as well: people with a nice natural smile are more likely to close a deal, get a job, and get promoted. A nice smile is seen as a sign of genuineness, openness, and trustworthiness.
- Babies are born knowing how to smile – it’s built right into our DNA as the universal sign of happiness – and you’d be hard pressed to find a baby who hides their teeth!
With the social value placed on a smile it’s important to have one you’re comfortable with. If you don’t like your smile you can feel the effects on all parts of your life. You won’t feel as confident, you won’t take chances, and you might even avoid being social. If you hide your teeth when you smile people notice, and it isn’t even always conscious: their “smile sensors” just kick into gear and make assumptions about who you are!
A Nice Smile Can Change Your Life
No one deserves to have their lives changed just because they aren’t happy with their teeth. If you’ve ever felt the need to hide your smile behind a closed mouth or a raised hand you can’t be happy with it.
Thankfully you can change that at our Shorewood office. We have a number of cosmetic dental services that can transform your smile, and do it fast.
- Veneers are wafer-thin porcelain shells that are placed over the fronts of your existing healthy teeth. They’re able to completely transform the look of your smile in just a couple appointments. Veneers last a long time, are permanent, and are incredibly lifelike!
- Teeth Whitening might seem like a bunch of voodoo, but it really works when done correctly. We can get you a real white smile that you can’t duplicate with an at-home kit from the drugstore.
- Laser Gum Reshaping can get rid of your gummy smile and show off more of what matters: your teeth! Best of all, we can do it without a single cut. You’ll heal faster, there won’t be any bleeding, and you won’t need stitches!
You Deserve A Smile That Makes You Feel Good
With as important as a smile is we think you deserve one that makes you happy. We want to help you find the exact look you need to get the great teeth you deserve. So don’t hesitate to contact us right away!
You can reach our Shorewood office at 815-725-5991 or you can request a consultation right here online. We look forward to helping you!